You can’t stop progress, and it seems that’s apparent in the Vip Adria League as well. We’re expanding and announcing two more games that will be played in the League, and the first one is Hearthstone! We’ll pit the best regional Hearthstone players against each other in a series of online qualifiers and bring the best ones to the offline final at Reboot InfoGamer this year. The players will compete for a prize pool of more than 3,000 EUR, as well as other rewards on the way to the finals.
Since we’re sure you’d like to know more, here’s some in-depth information about how this will all play out. We’re going to hold online qualifiers every week from July through October, and the best 8 players each week will enter the monthly finals. We’ll determine the best 8 players via a point system that will reward players who play consistently and well. The last week of each month is dubbed the Double Points Week, where you’ll get, well, double the points. For all open qualifiers, check out the ESL Play portal page!
The two best-placed players in the monthly finals will advance further, and after all, is said and done, we’ll have 8 players ready to dish it out in the online playoff. Only four players will advance to the offline playoff at Reboot InfoGamer. The road to the final and the structure is best explained in this graphic:
Now that you know what will happen, here are the dates for the July qualifiers:
- 14/07 - First qualifier in July - Sign up now!
- 21/07 - Second qualifier in July - Sign up now!
- 28/07 - Third qualifier in July - Sign up now!
So, to make it clearer:
- Starting in July, there will be an online Hearthstone qualifier held every Saturday, available for everyone to enter.
- Every week, players will gather points that will determine the top 8 players at the end of the month. More victories - more points!
- Every last week of the month is the “Double Points Week,” where players will be able to get double the points, so make sure not to miss that one.
- The 8 best-placed players of each month compete in DE Bo5 matches, leaving us with 2 players every month.
- After 4 months, the 8 best players will play the online playoff where 4 players will remain. The format remains: DE Bo5.
- The best 4 players will advance to the offline playoff—with their accommodation costs covered—and get the opportunity to play Hearthstone on the big Reboot InfoGamer stage.
This format aims to give the best, most consistent and most deserving players the chance to show their worth in front of everyone on the grandiose stage at Reboot InfoGamer! Make sure you follow us on social media and keep track of all the cups in Hearthstone. Make sure you’re ready for the competition - it’s not going to be easy!